Bishop Dunne Catholic School is seeking an Assistant High School Volleyball Coach. The part-time, stipend paid position will be for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years coaching experience at an Assistant level;
- Experience playing volleyball at the high school level or above is preferred;
- Teaching certificate a plus, but not required.
- Complete National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS) Fundamentals of Coaching Course;
- Complete annual NFHS Concussions in Sports Course;
- Possess a superior knowledge of the sport of Girls’ Volleyball including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities;
Successful Assistant High School Volleyball Coach Candidates will:
- Promote a culture that reflects the core values of Bishop Dunne Catholic School: caring, dedicated, faithful;
- Actively promote and increase the competitiveness of the volleyball program at Bishop Dunne;
- Oversee a program of student formation in the athletic department that engenders responsibility, respect, and compassion;
- Work collaboratively with student-athletes, faculty, parents, alumni, and administrators;
- Commitment to a culture of excellence;
- Possess and maintain a moral character that is consistent with being a positive role model for students;
- Be a positive and effective communicator;
- Organize and plan in-season and off-season training;
- Supervise players and volunteers at all team events (games, practices, road trips, meetings, etc.);
- Provide basic medical treatment for non-life-threatening injuries. Be able to execute emergency plan for athletic facilities;
- Attend Athletic Department Coaches Training;
- Maintain annual TAPPS S.C.O.P.E. training;
- Maintain current First Aid/CPR certification, as well as Safe Environment Training.
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Qualified candidates, please send a resume to Anna Lee Friesen, Human Resources, at email@example.com.