Website Ursuline Academy of Dallas
Grades 9-12, Girls
Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a part-time Filmmaking teacher in the Visual Arts department for the 2024-2025 school year.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
- the ability to educate in an engaging manner with unique and creative lessons
- an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- a forward-looking energy for thoughtful innovation
- a readiness to build a learner-driven classroom culture that embraces student voice and choice
- an understanding of the importance of cultivating student well-being in girls and creating an inclusive, equitable classroom
- a positive, professional, collaborative work style
- a bachelor’s degree in the academic discipline or related field; further degrees are preferred
- at least two years teaching experience at the secondary school level and in-depth knowledge of subject matter
- the flexibility to teach a variety of visual arts courses and grade levels
- the knowledge and ability to teach filmmaking using Canon EOS C100 & Sony Cinema cameras, Adobe CC Premier Pro, and related Adobe products on a Microsoft Windows platform
- the ability to write and implement curriculum that guides students in developing skills in storytelling, script writing, directing, lighting, film editing, and audio production in a short film format
- the ability to instruct students in professional practices including maintaining program facilities and equipment as well as preparing films for contests and exhibitions
We seek candidates who embrace learner-driven pedagogy and a commitment to investing in teaching/learning relationships with students.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls’ environment is strongly preferred.
Interested applicants should complete the Employment Application, Background Check, and Pre-Employment Affidavit forms from the Careers Webpage, under “How to Apply.”