Website Ursuline Academy of Dallas
Grades 9-12, Girls
Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a full-time biology teacher for the 2024-2025 school year.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
- an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of positive, professional learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- a forward-looking energy for thoughtful innovation
- an understanding of the importance of cultivating student well-being in girls and creating an inclusive, equitable classroom
- at least two years teaching experience in biology at the secondary school level and in-depth knowledge of subject matter
- a bachelor’s degree in biology, or related field; further degrees are preferred
- the flexibility to teach a variety of science courses and grade levels
We seek candidates who embrace a learner-driven pedagogy that embraces student voice and choice and a commitment to investing in teaching/learning relationships with students.
In addition to classroom responsibilities, full-time teachers at Ursuline Academy serve as advisors and actively participate in non-academic student activities such as moderating clubs, chaperoning events, attending student retreats and school-wide religious services, and supervising students. Ursuline faculty enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities as they join a Catholic, independent school culture.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls’ environment is strongly preferred.
Interested applicants should complete the Employment Application, Background Check, and Pre-Employment Affidavit forms from the Careers Webpage, under “How to Apply.”