Website Ursuline Academy of Dallas
All Girls, Grade 9-12
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
The Audio-Visual Technical Service Coordinator coordinates and facilitates the technical needs of all presentations and audio-visual requirements on the Ursuline campus. They assist with media production, manage streaming and online video content, and manage all equipment in presentation rooms and event spaces used for meetings and community events. Activities and events which take place in the Theater at Ursuline Academy are NOT included in the scope of work for this position.
Successful candidates for this position will have advanced knowledge of audio and video equipment, experience with lighting and filming techniques, and excellent troubleshooting skills. They should also have the ability to create superb audio and visual effects to enhance any live experience.
The Audio-Visual Technical Service Coordinator reports to the Director of Technology.
Management and Support
· Calendar for Ursuline Academy presentation and meeting rooms, gym, and Chapel; including but not limited to assemblies, presentations, meetings, Masses, and other activities in those spaces
· Production of livestream for Ursuline events
· Screenbeams and Barco ClickShare systems on campus
· Digital messaging system
· Audio-visual vendors for onsite visits and preventative maintenance checks
· Broadcast Studio
· General classroom A/V systems
· Troubleshooting for audio visual equipment including computers and laptops, projectors, microphones, sound systems, lighting, displays, etc.
Setup and Operations
· Audio-visual, lighting, and sound equipment, including other integrated equipment, such as desktops and laptops, for all events on and off-campus
· Audio visual resources with external presenters and speakers, including facilitating live-stream video and recordings, if necessary
· Help maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Hubs
· Advise/coordinate installation of audio-visual upgrades to campus facilities
· Technology helpdesk coverage, as needed
· Handle overflow of classroom and campus technology support needs as requested by the Director of Technology
· Keep accurate asset registry and maintenance records of all audio-visuals, sound, and integrated equipment
· Lead in-house training and coordinating sessions with vendors. Work cooperatively and collaboratively with users on various levels
· Communicate courteously and effectively with employees, outside vendors, client groups, and the public
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
Teaching and/or working experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls environment strongly preferred
In-depth knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment
Knowledge of networking and laptops as integrated process and equipment of AV
Advanced knowledge of filming and sound techniques
Excellent troubleshooting skills
An eye for detail
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds occasionally, 40 pounds frequently
Valid Texas driver’s license
Ability to pass a background check
Available to work some nights and weekends
Interested candidates may apply on-line at: www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers