Website The Highlands School The Highlands School
Founded in 1986, The Highlands School (THS) is a private independent Catholic school in Irving, Texas, accredited by TCCBED, RC Education and AdvancED offering students a Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade Catholic education in the Diocese of Dallas. Our mission is to form authentic Catholic leaders to transform the society, and the world.
The Highlands School seeks a principal for 9-12th grade. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the High School principal is responsible for:
· The High School principal directs the academic teams in designing and delivering a high quality program of education that is successful in meeting the formation needs of the students.
· The High School principal has the responsibility of achieving the school’s mission of evangelization and Catholic formation by establishing an outstanding school implementing the Integral Formation method of education as specified in the RC School Principles.
· The High School principal is responsible for the recruitment, professional development, and management of the faculty and academic staff. S/He works to build a strong academic team, one that is capable of and committed to the integral formation of students and to achieving academic excellence.
· The High School principal in conjunction with the formation team, is responsible for integrating the parents into the school community; s/he seeks to instill an understanding and love for the mission of the school and build a sense of community among the school faculty, staff, and families. The High School principal is responsible for achieving a high level of parent satisfaction and student retention.
· The High School principal carriers out his/her responsibilities with the awareness that s/he is above all an apostle of Christ, especially with his/her testimony of faith, virtuous personal life, and professional dedication to the mission entrusted to him/her within the school.
The High School Principal should meet the following qualifications:
· Master’s degree in Educational Leadership, preferred.
· Minimum of five (5) years teaching experience.
· Demonstrated proficiency with curriculum development and implementation.
· Demonstrated proficiency with teacher professional development.
· Exceptional leadership and teamwork capabilities.
· Excellent social qualities, a sound character, and a firm and kind manner.
· Excellent and proven people management skills.
· Strong organizational abilities, sound judgment, and good common sense.
· Sound knowledge of and affinity for the integral Formation method of education.
· Practicing Catholic and formator with an excellent moral reputation, apostolic zeal for working for the Church, whose vocation is to lead, serve, and form the faculty and staff of the school.
Interested candidates should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Cover Letter
· Life of 5 professional references with contact information