Founded in 1986, The Highlands School (THS) is a private independent Catholic school in Irving, TX, accredited by TCCBED and AdvancEd offering students a Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade Catholic education in the Diocese of Dallas. Our mission is forming Catholic leaders, faithful disciples of Christ, who will take the gospel into the world to transform it.
The Highlands School teacher’s aide is a part-time position working during the school year while school is in session.
The Teachers’ Aide assists the teacher in the preparation and management of classroom activities. The Teachers’ Aide works under the supervision of the teacher and reports to the vice-principal. The teachers’ aide assists to fulfilling the mission of The Highlands School.
· Knowledge in early childhood development
· A thorough understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church and catechism.
· Ability to assist in instructing developmentally appropriate learning activities.
· Ability to be calm and encouraging with children.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Demonstrate good judgement.
· Accept and respect differences in children, parents, and co-workers.
· Reasoning ability – capable to make good, sound decisions and an ability to apply all training and tools necessary to achieve the position duties and responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
· Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher with individual students or small groups.
· Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
· Assist in classroom management as directed by the teacher.
· Assist children at lunchtime and be responsible for cleaning up after lunch.
· Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
· Help teacher keep administrative records such as permission slips, attendance, and student assessments.
· Provide assistance to substitute teachers.
· Help supervise students throughout the day, inside and outside the classroom.
· Keep teacher and principal informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
· Comply with the training standards as directed by the Diocese of Dallas.
· Participate in faculty meetings and special events, as assigned.
Please complete THS online job application https://www.thehighlandsschool.org/editoruploads/files/THS_Job_Application_2.pdf
Also, submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources Department ATTN: Patricia Hagerty firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.