Website St. Cecilia Catholic School
Saint Cecilia Catholic School is seeking a dedicated, English Language Arts and Literature Teacher who has a strong academic background, experience in culturally responsive education, and a desire to work with middle school students. We want teachers who are excited to join our community of learners and work collaboratively on developing curriculum and meeting our Strategic Plan Goals. Our middle school uses a team-teaching approach that includes all core subjects. With support from our administrative leadership team, it is important that our teachers work in partnership to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Develop standards-based lesson plans and weekly agendas for the students and families that meet learning needs for all students.
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans to promote all students’ academic performance.
- Collaborate with middle school team to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Engage in frequent, open collaboration and communication with colleagues around lesson planning, instructional observations, student data and school wide initiatives.
- Maintain a safe, positive, and organized classroom environment that supports the school wide learning and behavior expectations.
- Establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with students, families, and colleagues based on trust and respect.
- Attend critical school events such as staff meetings, open house, back-to-school orientation, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Committed to ongoing professional development.
- Adhere to school policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- Use available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrated desire to teach Middle School.
- Teaching Certification (Optional).
- Knowledge of appropriate use of technology to enhance the learning experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits, including Flexible Spending Accounts, plus life insurance, 403b plan, and other benefits.
- All your information will be kept confidential.
If interested complete the application process and contact Lydia Torrez, firstname.lastname@example.org