Website Bishop Dunne Catholic School
Bishop Dunne Catholic School is seeking a Part-time Strings Teacher who is experienced as a Middle and High School Orchestra Teacher. This teacher will have the opportunity to build upon a strong foundation already in place to develop an innovative and creative program.
Responsibilities will include teaching and conducting the High School and Middle School Orchestras. In addition, this teacher will maintain the school’s instrument library.
The position starts immediately for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School empowers each student to explore, inquire, lead, and serve through a college preparatory education in a joyful community of faith.
Bishop Dunne is the only Catholic diocesan school that enrolls students in grades six through twelve. The Bishop Dunne student body mirrors the diversity of Dallas, with over 75% identifying as students of color, and approximately half the students are Catholic.
The mission of the Catholic school is to “Teach as Jesus did,” thereby mandating teachers in our schools to be reflections of Christ’s love and concern. The classroom teacher plans, guides, and evaluates the learning process of students.
Specific Qualities Desired Include:
- Dedicated to teaching young people and to employing effective pedagogical processes
- Ability to build and grow students’ musical abilities in an empowering and uplifting manner
- Ability to teach and build the technical skills of strings
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for a wide range of musical genres, including traditional Catholic music
- Ability to select appropriately challenging pieces within a wide range of genres
- Ability to arrange music appropriate for each ensemble
- Ability to manage a classroom and direct effective rehearsals
- Enthusiastic about the subject and able to share that enthusiasm
- Willingness and ability to collaborate effectively with students, teachers, and parents
- Take on other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required (music preferred);
- Certified teacher in the state of Texas, or a minimum of 12 hours of appropriate courses in education
- String player (violin, viola, cello or bass) preferred
- 3 years’ teaching experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and skill in the effective use of technology and integrating technological applications in the classroom
- Collaborative and collegial
- Diligent and well-organized
- Possess a strong commitment to the mission and vision of Bishop Dunne Catholic School
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required (i.e. field trips, overnight trips).
- Move chairs, stands, instruments as needed
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program. Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter, resume and transcripts to Anna Lee Friesen, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.