Website Prince of Peace Catholic School
Prince of Peace (POP) is a Catholic school that educates students beginning at the age of 3 through 8th grade. Prince of Peace Catholic School is devoted to instilling strong Catholic values, fostering a life of faith and servant leadership, providing a challenging academic environment, and inspiring each student to shine to the fullest extent of his or her God-given potential.
Position Start Date: August 11, 2022
The STEM Integration Coordinator will facilitate developmentally appropriate STEM learning activities, experiences, and assessments to foster intellectual, physical and social growth in the students. The STEM Integration Coordinator will assist classroom teachers in the incorporation of cooperative learning strategies, authentic assessments, technology integration, and problem-based learning into lesson and unit plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Model the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, reinforce Catholic identity, and promote Prince of Peace Catholic School’s Mission and Philosophy
- Design and teach 5th-8th grade technology classes, plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to school policies
- Develop and use effective methods of evaluation (both formal and informal) that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress
- Maintain current and accurate records (curriculum maps, unit maps, lesson plans, grades) according to school policies
- Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manager inappropriate behavior effectively
- Create a learning environment based on the 4 C’s- communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
- Facilitate hands-on experiments and projects that allow students to learn by doing and exploring
- Provide a positive environment and implement instructional activities, and meaningful learning experiences which encourage students to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Collaborate with teachers and grade-level teams in curriculum development to plan problem-based units, performance assessments, opportunities for authentic technology integration, and meaningful cross-curricular connections
- Collaborate with school leadership to provide support in standards alignment and development and program implementation
- Lead on-site teacher professional development and training and provides ongoing guidance and support for classroom teachers with the STEM curriculum.
- Provide engaging STEM related enrichment to increase interest, experience, and develop STEM habits of mind (e.g., robotics, science club, etc.)
- Promote STEM awareness and engagement through targeted partnerships and activities (STEM Exploration Nights, Student Competitions, etc.) that enhance academic achievement across the curriculum
- Participates in ongoing professional development related to job responsibilities and maintaining expertise in the field
- Cultivate a spirit of consideration, courtesy, and refinement to prepare each student to assume his or her place in society
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations
- Be punctual, present, and attentive at all duties as stated by the POPCS faculty handbook
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Able to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively
- Establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with staff, students, and the community
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills which include both oral and written communication
- Knowledge of current research, procedures and best practices in STEM education, curriculum, and assessment
- Demonstrate effective time management, organizational skills, and prioritization of work to meet the needs of the users
- Demonstrate ability to design and deliver technology-enhanced instruction.
- Advanced understanding and proven use of instructional technology and computer science to support learning
Reporting to the Administration Team, we will look to our Stem Integration Coordinator to
- Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
- Represent POP at community functions as needed
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Prince of Peace Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas
- Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the president/principal/assistant principals
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and Prince of Peace Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related STEM field
- Master’s degree in education or related STEM field preferred
- Significant classroom K-12 classroom experience teaching STEM, technology, science, or math.
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and competitive with local schools. Benefit package included.
FLSA Status (Fair Labor Standards Act): Exempt
Work Status: Full Time
Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Interested applicants should complete an online application with the Catholic Schools Office at www.csodallas.org and submit Letter of interest and current resume, including significant accomplishments to:
Ms. Evan Ray, Communications Coordinator
Prince of Peace Catholic School
5100 W. Plano Pkwy
Plano, Texas 75093