Website St. Rita Catholic School
St. Rita Catholic School is seeking a high-energy, communicative language teaching professional to join our faculty as a full-time K-4th Spanish teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. Preferably with three years+ teaching experience using high-leverage, acquisition-driven strategies that incorporate CI-based approaches, including TPRS-style core practices (circling, collaborative storytelling, embedded readings, etc.). Knowledge of SLA research and its impact on language teaching is a plus. Ability to offer an additional language like Latin, French, German, or Mandarin as an elective would be a bonus.
Each candidate should work well as part of a PLC team and within a Language Department that actively engages students through differentiated academic instruction.
The successful candidates should:
- Be open to growth and have enthusiasm for learning;
- Have knowledge of instructional practices and pedagogy;
- Have effective classroom management skills;
- Have the ability to differentiate for all students effectively;
- Have strong organizational skills; and
- Understand the behavior, emotional, and cognitive needs of elementary students.
If you have questions or would like to apply, please contact Mr. Michael Wixted – email@example.com