Website St. Rita Catholic School
Reports directly to: Principal
Direct Reports: Dean of Academics, Dean of Curriculum and Instruction, Dean of Student Affairs, Dean of Student Formation, & Dean of the Student Success Center. The Principal remains the evaluator for all Dean positions and the Vice Principal.
This position begins on July 1, 2024.
General Job Description
The Vice Principal assists the Principal in the day-to-day operation of the school. Together, they are the instructional leaders of the school, responsible for the policies and procedures that ensure all students are educated in a safe Catholic school environment. Above all, they work towards fulfilling the school’s mission: St. Rita Catholic School empowers students to reach their potential as learners and servant leaders through faith, hope, love, and the joyful pursuit of knowledge.
The Vice Principal’s primary responsibilities will be internal. As the Principal’s responsibilities include external operations, visioning, long-range planning, strategic goal setting & execution, financial management, public relations & marketing, and fundraising and development. The Vice Principal serves an integral role in realizing the school’s fundamental mission.
In addition, the Vice Principal will be a person committed to faithful excellence and collaboration, adaptable and open to growth and further opportunities at St. Rita Catholic School. As we enter a new and exciting era in the school’s history, the Vice Principal’s leadership will be key and long-lasting.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following as the Vice Principal:
- Is in charge of the school in the absence of the Principal.
- Helps guide the academic and spiritual direction in a manner consistent with our mission and vision.
- Is jointly responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures in connection with all facets of the school.
- Provides effective instructional leadership to all members of the faculty.
- Coordinates recruitment of prospective employees and retention of qualified faculty and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Oversees instructional supervision and the evaluation of all faculty and staff members.
- Partners with all Deans to identify, design, and provide necessary professional development programs, staff training needs, and school activities.
- Communicates with and consults with students and parents concerning their child’s progress.
- Supports the Dean of Student Formation in communicating student behavioral and academic disciplinary procedures.
- Assists with individual student interventions in concert with the Dean of Student Success Center.
- Serves as a liaison with various educational and professional organizations.
The Vice Principal will be an enthusiastic, practicing Catholic in good standing with a genuine commitment to Catholic education and the mission of the Catholic Church. The Vice Principal will be a dynamic, energetic leader who facilitates learning, growth, and collaboration inside and outside the classroom. The Vice Principal should have the ability and willingness to relate well to staff, students, and school community members and interact with them regularly. The Vice Principal will be a consummate professional with strong leadership qualities and communicate effectively and appropriately.
The Vice Principal should hold a minimum of a master’s degree in educational leadership or a similar discipline and have or be able to obtain a School Administrator license in Texas. Ideally, the Vice Principal should have at least 5-7 years of progressive experience working in a Catholic school, with increasing responsibilities and a proven track record of success.
About St. Rita Catholic School
St. Rita Catholic School is a Catholic, co-educational day school for pre-kindergarten through eighth-grade students. The school was established in 1964 by the Jesuits in conjunction with the formation of St. Rita Catholic Church. The Bernardine Sisters of the Order of St. Francis staffed the school for over 25 years. Lay professionals continue the work of the Bernardines today. All teachers are chosen for their competency and dedication. The Jesuits served the school since its inception through their ministry at St. Rita Catholic Church until 2003—diocesan priests now staff St. Rita Catholic Community. Since 1964, the school has undergone six significant expansions.
- 790 + students in PK4- 8th
- A waiting list for most grade levels
- 90+ staff members
- Testing scores above the Blue-Ribbon threshold
- A robust academic program that offers over fifty unique electives for middle school and significant support for students who learn differently
- One of the highest retention rates in the Diocese of Dallas for both staff and students
- In the middle of the silent phase of a capital campaign for a new middle school building and gym and to grow the endowment
Salary and Benefits
St. Rita offers a highly competitive salary for this role based on experience. St. Rita partakes in the benefits package offered by the Diocese of Dallas. This package includes free medical insurance (PPO plan) for the employee. On top of the Diocesan benefits package, St. Rita offers up to a 7% match for 403(b) plans after one year of employment and assistance in financing graduate education.
To apply for the Vice Principal role, please send a cover letter and resume to the Principal, Michael Wixted, at [email protected] no later than February 15, 2024.