Website St. Pius X Catholic School St. Pius X Catholic School
St. Pius X Catholic School
General Summary of the Position
The Classroom Teacher plans, guides, and evaluates the learning process of students. This position reports to the principal and has decision-making responsibilities within the framework of school policies, philosophy, organization, and curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
- Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to the school policies.
- Provide appropriate material and resources for students to engage in learning.
- Use effective instructional methods and models according to professional standard practice.
- Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
- Provide instruction and assessment for understanding.
- Maintain current and accurate records according to school policies.
- Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
- Communicate with parents regarding academic, behavioral, and safety concerns.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to students, parents, and staff.
- Other duties as assigned by principal
- Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and
- Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools; TCCB ED Guide to Quality and Effectiveness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge of instructional methods/strategies and curriculum differentiation
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, learning, and behavior
- Knowledge of the content and the methods of religious education
- Knowledge of effective assessment methods
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Able to work well with others in the school community
- Able to work independently and self-motivate
- Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skill in organizing and relating information in an understandable format
- Skill in job appropriate technology
- Skill in critical thinking and planning
- Skill in managing conflicts effectively
- Skill in organizational management and delegation of responsibilities
- Skill in using group process skills effectively with various school communities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field from an accredited American university, required
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching field as set forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED.
- Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration.
- Must complete Religion Certification per the guidelines of the Catholic Schools Office and TCCB ED, if applicable.
- Preferred practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Must be willing and open to understanding Catholic teachings, required.
- Position needed for AUGUST 2023
Interested applicants should complete an online application with the Catholic Schools Office at www.csodallas.org and send a letter of intent and resume to School Office; email: firstname.lastname@example.org