Website St. Bernard of Clairvaux Catholic School
St. Bernard serves students in PreK 3 through 8th grade.
St. Bernard Catholic School has an opening for full-time 4th Grade (self-contained) teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
A St. Bernard Catholic School teacher ensures that a Catholic learning environment is provided to meet the needs of all students while carrying out the school’s mission. An SBS educator is responsible to deliver instruction that is based on the approved curricula and fosters the intellectual, social, physical and faith development of the students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
· Model the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, reinforce Catholic identity, and promote SBS’s Mission and Philosophy
· Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to school policies
· Assume responsibility for the leadership and management of assigned classes
· Cultivate a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
· Evaluate student progress effectively
· Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively
· Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
· Communicate professionally and in a timely manner with parents and colleagues regarding academic, behavioral and/or safety concerns of students
· Establish and maintain positive school-community relationships
· Participate in required training, faculty meetings, and professional development; and seek continual professional development opportunities in order to maintain best practices
· Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools
· Be punctual, present, and attentive for all duties/activities/events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrate innovation with curriculum and instruction
· Create a climate and culture conducive to learning and embrace a vision of academic success for all students
· Be open to growth and have enthusiasm for learning
· Have strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning
· Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field
· Valid Teacher’s certificate
· Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED
Commensurate with experience. Benefit package included.
Applicant Contact Information:
Interested applicants should complete the online application on the Diocese of Dallas Catholic Schools Office website (www.csodallas.org) and submit a letter of interest and resume to Laurie Senecal, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.