Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School
2022-23 School Year Full Time Spanish Teacher
Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, a PK-8 Catholic school in the Diocese of Dallas is seeking to fill the position of PK-8 Spanish Teacher for the 2022-23 School Year.
About our School
Located in the Love Field Airport neighborhood of Dallas, Our Lady of Perpetual Help (OLPH) seeks to provide students with a Catholic education in a safe and nurturing environment. We will inspire every child to successfully develop in faith, knowledge, and service to the school, parish, family, and world communities. Due to its central location within the DFW Metroplex, OLPH has been serving students and families throughout North Texas since 1947.
The Spanish Teacher fulfills our mission by planning, guiding, engaging with, and evaluating the learning process of the students within the framework of the school’s philosophy, organization, and curriculum. The teacher provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth. The position is hired and evaluated by the principal.
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on Diocesan curriculum standards and submit plans according to the school policies.
- Provide appropriate material and resources for students to engage in learning.
- Use varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
- Practice positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
- Communicate with parents regarding academic, behavioral, and safety concerns.
- Use dynamic, effective, and current instructional methods/models & practices.
- Maintain appropriate confidential records (grade book, attendance, etc.)
- Instruct all students according to Diocesan curriculum and standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Able to use instructional technology
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED
- A minimum of three years teaching experience preferred.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment policies throughout the employment period.
Interested candidates should apply via the Diocese of Dallas’ Catholic Schools Office @ https://csodallas.org/careers/#jobs and send a letter of interest and resume to Mrs. Searle, School Principal, at email@example.com