Website Prince of Peace Catholic School
Position Summary: Middle School Math Teacher
Special teachers make special schools. They shape the trajectory of their students’ lives and make an indelible mark on their souls. Few professions, we believe, are as important as teaching!
We are looking for teachers who are on fire to serve the Lord and see their profession as a vocation to serve their students and families. We want them to love children, to appreciate their vulnerabilities and their idiosyncrasies, to be gently persistent in helping them grow, and to care about the persons their students are becoming. While the critical mass of our faculty must be Catholic, we welcome applications from teachers of other Christian faiths who understand their teaching as a ministry.
Additionally, we want teachers who understand their profession as a craft, who are always looking for ways to improve, who are self-starters in their professional development, who are collegial in their relationships with other teachers and with administrators, who communicate well with parents, and who care for the success of the whole school, not just their own classrooms. Excellent teachers are voracious readers in their field, always interested in improving their subject knowledge and pedagogy.
We are blessed to have such teachers, and we are always looking for more! If you believe you are such a person, we welcome your application!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Model the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, reinforce Catholic identity, and promote Prince of Peace Catholic School’s Mission and Philosophy
- Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to school policies
- Develop and use effective methods of evaluation (both formal and informal) that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress
- Maintain current and accurate records (curriculum maps, unit maps, lesson plans, grades) according to school policies
- Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, parents and colleagues regarding student progress and student needs
- Cooperate with school and diocesan administration; work effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Participate in required training, faculty meetings, and professional development; and seek continual professional development opportunities in order to maintain best practices
- Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools; TCCB ED Guide to Quality and Effectiveness
Cultivate a spirit of consideration, courtesy, and refinement to prepare each student to assume his or her place in society
- Demonstrate empathy in relations with students, parents, colleagues, and other community members by genuinely considering the feelings, value systems, interests, achievements, and concerns of the person
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations
- Be punctual, present and attentive at all duties as stated by the POPCS faculty handbook
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrate innovation with curriculum and instruction
- Exhibit highly developed technology skills
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Effectiveness in organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative, ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Reporting to the Administration Team, we will look to our teachers to:
- Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
- Represent POP at community functions as needed
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Prince of Peace Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas
- Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the president/principal/assistant principals
Submit letter of interest and current resume to: Ms. Evan Ray, Communications Coordinator (email@example.com)