Website Prince of Peace Catholic School
Position Summary: Executive Assistant
Special adults make special schools. We are looking for people who are on fire to serve the Lord and see their profession as a vocation to serve our students and families. While the critical mass of the adults who work at POP must be Catholic, we welcome applications from those of other Christian faiths who understand their role here as a ministry.
We are seeking an executive assistant to support the president and principal of the school beginning July 1, 2023. This is a 12-month position, with holidays and benefits. The executive assistant will assist in scheduling; reviewing, prioritizing and responding to emails; answering and returning phone calls; organizing documents; maintaining records; taking notes at meetings and accomplishing any other assigned tasks that promote the effectiveness and efficiency of the principal and president of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant:
- Works directly with the president and principal to support all aspects of their ministries.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative, supportive and effective relationships with all school personnel, while promoting the mission of Prince of Peace Catholic School.
- Understands their position as one of service, specifically to the president and principal, but more generally to the school community.
- Is punctual and reliable in performing tasks, returning phone calls, creating documents, answering emails, scheduling meetings, and updating data to advance the responsiveness and effectiveness of the president and principal, within the established parameters defined by each.
- Takes notes of essential meetings, prepares initial drafts of minutes and summaries for review.
- Serves other administrative functions when asked to support the overall administrative team
- Handles conflict in a respectful manner through positive communication with all parties.
- Models virtue, maintains a positive, cheerful presence on campus.
- Handles all business and communications to and from the principal and president’s office with absolute confidentiality.
- Synchronizes schedules with president and principal, including the summers and holidays.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Principal or President
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task while remaining “present” to people.
- Possesses understanding of frequently used computer software and programs, such as Microsoft Office
- Able to interact with and get along with all types of personalities.
Reporting to the Administration Team, we will look to our Executive Assistant to:
- Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
- Attend school functions when needed
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Prince of Peace Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas
- Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the president or principal
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and Prince of Peace Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited university
- Experience as an executive assistant.
Please submit letter of interest and current CV to Ms. Evan Ray, Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.