Website Prince of Peace Catholic School
Prince of Peace Catholic School Upper School Teacher Assistant
Prince of Peace (POP) is a Catholic school that educates students beginning at the age of 3 through 8th grade. Prince of Peace Catholic School is devoted to instilling strong Catholic values, fostering a life of faith and servant leadership, providing a challenging academic environment, and inspiring each student to shine to the fullest extent of his or her God-given potential.
Position Start Date: August 8, 2022
Location: Prince of Peace Catholic School, Plano, Texas
The teacher assistant works closely with the classroom teacher to ensure a Catholic learning environment is provided to meet the needs of all students in while carrying out the four pillars of the POPCS mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Establishes and maintains cooperative, supportive and effective relationships with all school personnel while promoting the Prince of Peace Mission Statement.
- Develop a positive working relationship with the classroom teacher.
- Model virtuous behavior for the students and maintain a positive presence on campus.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation and management of supplies and materials.
- Supervise and monitor students at all times (in the classroom, hallway, CANA center, St. James, playground, field trips, etc.). Never leave a child(ren) unsupervised.
- Assist children individually or in small groups to help the student(s) master content and to reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher.
- Be punctual and adhere to your schedule (including morning and afternoon supervision). If any exceptions need to be made, respectfully communicate them to your classroom teacher/team so instruction can be adjusted.
- Manage student behavior by establishing and reinforcing rules and procedures that are in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal
- Communicate appropriately with parents and staff and refers all parent questions and concerns pertaining to students to the teachers.
- Handle conflict in a respectful manner through positive communication
- Treat confidential information about students, staff, and school affairs in a professional and ethical manner.
- Support the emotional, social, physical, and religious development of the students.
- Abide by all applicable sections of the Employee Handbook
- Seek continued professional growth by working with colleagues, attending workshops, and reading professional journals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Exhibit highly developed technology skills
- Effectiveness in organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative, ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Reporting to the Administration Team, we will look to our Upper School Teacher Assistant to
- Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
- Represent POP at community functions as needed
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Prince of Peace Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas
- Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the president/principal/assistant principals
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and Prince of Peace Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field from an accredited American university
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and competitive with local schools. Benefit package included.
FLSA Status (Fair Labor Standards Act): Non-exempt
Work Status: Full Time
Hours: 7:15 am – 3:45 pm
Submit Letter of interest and current resume, including significant accomplishments to:
Ms. Evan Ray
Prince of Peace Catholic School
5100 W. Plano Pkwy
Plano, Texas 75093