Website Prince of Peace Catholic School
Prince of Peace (POP) is a Catholic school that educates students beginning at the age of 3 through 8th grade. Prince of Peace Catholic School is devoted to instilling strong Catholic values, fostering a life of faith and servant leadership, providing a challenging academic environment, and inspiring each student to shine to the fullest extent of his or her God-given potential.
Posting Date: March 9, 2022 Position Start Date: July 1, 2022
Location: Prince of Peace Catholic School, Plano, Texas
The Catholic elementary school teacher ensures that a Catholic learning environment is provided to meet the needs of all students while carrying out the POPCS mission. The classroom educator is responsible to deliver instruction that is based on the approved curricula and mission of the school and will foster the intellectual, social, physical and faith development of the students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Model the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, reinforce Catholic identity, and promote Prince of Peace Catholic School’s Mission and Philosophy
- Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to school policies
- Develop and use effective methods of evaluation (both formal and informal) that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress
- Maintain current and accurate records (curriculum maps, unit maps, lesson plans, grades) according to school policies
- Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manager inappropriate behavior effectively
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, parents and colleagues regarding student progress and student needs
- Cooperate with school and diocesan administration; work effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Participate in required training, faculty meetings, and professional development; and seek continual professional development opportunities in order to maintain best practices
- Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools; TCCB ED Guide to Quality and Effectiveness
- Cultivate a spirit of consideration, courtesy, and refinement to prepare each student to assume his or her place in society
- Demonstrate empathy in relations with students, parents, colleagues, and other community members by genuinely considering the feelings, value systems, interests, achievements, and concerns of the person
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations
- Be punctual, present and attentive at all duties as stated by the POPCS faculty handbook
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrate innovation with curriculum and instruction
- Exhibit highly developed technology skills
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Effectiveness in organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative, ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Reporting to the Administration Team, we will look to our Elementary Teacher to
- Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
- Represent POP at community functions as needed
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Prince of Peace Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas
- Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the president/principal/assistant principals
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and Prince of Peace Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field from an accredited American university
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED
- Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and competitive with local schools. Benefit package included.
FLSA Status (Fair Labor Standards Act): Exempt
Work Status: Full Time
Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Please fill out the online application and send required documents. Notate in comments area of application Prince of Peace as the school you are interested in.
Submit Letter of interest and current resume, including significant accomplishments to:
Mrs. Dawn Gorlitz, Lower School Assistant Principal
Prince of Peace Catholic School
5100 W. Plano Pkwy
Plano, Texas 75093