Website Prince of Peace Catholic School
Prince of Peace Catholic School Elementary Teacher Assistant
Prince of Peace (POP) is a Catholic school that educates students beginning at the age of 3 through 8th grade. Prince of Peace Catholic School is devoted to instilling strong Catholic values, fostering a life of faith and servant leadership, providing a challenging academic environment, and inspiring each student to shine to the fullest extent of his or her God-given potential.
Position Start Date: August 8, 2022
The teacher assistant works closely with the classroom teacher to ensure a Catholic learning environment is provided to meet the needs of all students while carrying out the four pillars of the POPCS mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Establishes and maintains cooperative, supportive, and effective relationships with all school personnel while promoting the Prince of Peace Mission
- Develop a positive working relationship with the classroom teacher
- Model virtuous behavior for the students and maintain a positive presence on campus
- Support the emotional, social, physical, and religious development of the students
- Assist classroom teacher in planning and preparing for instruction where needed (bulletin boards, centers, materials prep, equipment, etc.)
- Communicate with the classroom teacher to develop the goals of the instructional program. Help identify areas that require improvement for students
- Assist children individually or in small groups to help the student(s) master content and to reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher
- Discipline and follow through with behavior management in the classroom teacher’s absence
- Manage student behavior by establishing and reinforcing rules and procedures that are in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal
- Communicate appropriately with parents and staff and refer all parent questions and concerns pertaining to students to the teachers.
- Handle conflict in a respectful manner through positive communication
- Treat confidential information about students, staff, and school affairs in a professional and ethical manner
- Be punctual and adhere to your schedule
- Seek continued professional growth by working with colleagues, attending workshops, and reading professional journals
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Exhibit highly developed technology skills
- Effectiveness in organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative, ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Reporting to the Administration Team, we will look to our Elementary Teacher Assistant to
- Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
- Represent POP at community functions as needed
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Prince of Peace Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas
- Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the president/principal/assistant principals
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and Prince of Peace Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field from an accredited American university
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and competitive with local schools. Benefit package included.
FLSA Status (Fair Labor Standards Act): Non-exempt
Work Status: Full Time
Hours: 7:15 am – 3:45 pm
Submit Letter of interest and current resume, including significant accomplishments to:
Mrs. Dawn Gorlitz, Lower School Assistant Principal
Prince of Peace Catholic School
5100 W. Plano Pkwy
Plano, Texas 75093