Website Mount St. Michael Catholic School
PK3-5 Montessori Children's House
Montessori Children’s House is seeking a Lead Guide for the 2022-2023 school year. We are looking for an experienced educator to join our team as our Montessori program continues to expand and grow! Each guide is expected to work collaboratively with all staff, setting an example for students.
We are looking for an experienced AMI/AMS/MACTE Montessori-credentialed teacher who would be responsible for the implementation of an authentic Montessori Early Childhood (3-6) curriculum in a safe, healthy, and nurturing classroom environment that supports each child’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth and development.
Our ideal candidate would possess a mature, gracious, highly responsible, and professional manner and exemplify a consistently positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for a candidate who is innovative, flexible and has a strong understanding of the Montessori pedagogy. As well, since we are a Catholic school- we are also looking for a Guide who is ideally Catholic, but one who at least will respect our religious affiliation and help to promote a love of our faith to the students.
Experience and Education:
· Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field or equivalent professional experience
· AMS, AMI or other MACTE-accredited Early Childhood diploma/certification
· Prior lead teacher experience with 3–6-year-olds in a licensed or accredited Montessori school
· Knowledgeable about Montessori philosophy and materials
· Meet additional requirements as set by minimum state standards, background check, etc.
· Respectful, thoughtful, and mature communication style with children, co-workers, and parents
· Catholic or amenable to Catholicism – and a respect for the faith that will translate to the students
· Interest and willingness to engage in ongoing professional development
· Demonstrates initiative and support in school needs
· Excellent writing skills
· Problem-solving abilities with creativity and resourcefulness
· Passionate, knowledgeable, and self-motivated
· Excellent references
· Attentive and responsive to details
· Able to work independently and provide effective leadership
· Interacts with an abundance of patience in all situations
· Dependable, reliable, and timely
Main Job Responsibilities:
· Proactively plans and prepares classroom activities and age-appropriate Montessori lessons that provides for the individual needs of each classroom student and supports cognitive, emotional, social, and physical development in a safe and nurturing atmosphere
· Works with the Assistant Guide to ensure that all children are making good progress through the curriculum
· Ensures that the classroom is a beautifully and richly prepared environment, with attention to details that support the needs of the children within the classroom
· Manages clutter and keeps all items in good working condition, arranged and orderly, and properly cleaned. Classroom management techniques knowledge of Montessori ideals and philosophies and experience in implementation
· Provides close supervision of children and proper discipline and guidance techniques
· Ensures proper child to teacher ratios, along with other accreditation standards
Interested applicants should complete an online application with the Catholic Schools Office at www.csodallas.org and send a letter of intent and resume to Melissa Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org