Website Mount St. Michael Catholic School
PK3-8 Catholic Classical School
About our School:
Mount St. Michael Catholic School (MSMCS) is a private Catholic Classical School within the Diocese of Dallas, accredited by TCCB ED. MSMCS has a Montessori program for 3k-5k and then transitions into a Classical school for 1st-8th grades. It is located in southwest Dallas on the property of the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity. The mission is to form children in courageous virtue grounded in the truth of Christ: to reason clearly, to choose morally, and to serve faithfully.
MSMCS seeks a full-time self-contained fourth grade teacher. The teacher plans, guides, and evaluates the learning process of students. This position reports to the principal and has decision-making responsibilities within the framework of school policies, philosophy, organization, and curriculum.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Plans for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to the school policies.
- Provides appropriate material and resources for students to engage in learning.
- Uses varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments.
- Practices positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom.
- Communicates with parents regarding academic, behavioral, and safety concerns.
- Works as a team member with educational staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal.
- Meets the professional teacher education requirements of the Diocese of Dallas
- Have a valid Teacher’s certificate and a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
Interested candidates should apply via the Diocese of Dallas Catholic Schools Office @ http://csodallas.org and send a letter of interest and resume to Mrs. Melissa Castro, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.