Website Mary Immaculate School
Middle School Science Teacher
Mary Immaculate School is seeking a 7-8 Science Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal candidate is experienced, enjoys children, has excellent classroom management, sets high expectations for student achievement and is a practicing Catholic.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Hold or be eligible for a teaching certificate
- Comfortable and knowledgeable using technology
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Models and teaches Catholic doctrine, values, and morals.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, faculty, students and parents to form a faith community in the school and parish.
- Prepares lesson plans and teaches in assigned subject area and grade level in accordance with state and diocesan guidelines.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Recognizes the variety of student learning styles and facilitates learning by adapting instructional methods and teaching materials to student needs.
- Uses various assessments to measure student growth.
- Assigns and monitors student activities to promote student learning.
- Supervises students within the school. Supervises students both at and away from the school when participating in school-sponsored activities in an official capacity.
- Consistently enforces the school’s discipline policies to maintain student behavior and discipline in the classroom.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with parents regarding student progress.
- Maintains school records as required by school policy.
- Commits to ongoing faith formation and professional growth.
- Must be able to implement school safety procedures.
- Participates in diocesan and school improvement goals including professional development.
- Fosters the spiritual development of students.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal
The successful candidate will have a teaching license and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to partnering with teachers, staff, and families in fulfilling the school’s mission and providing a Catholic education of the highest quality.
Interested applicants should complete an online application with the Catholic Schools Office at www.csodallas.org and send a letter of intent and resume to Sister Mary Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org