John Paul II High School (JPII), an increasingly multicultural, next-generation Catholic college preparatory high school, is serving families in the greater Collin County area. As we look forward to the upcoming school year, we need a new Controller to join our family to support us in our commitment to form inclusive, effective, and ethical servant leaders. We focus on a formative approach to education, which honors the whole person spiritually, emotionally, academically, and physically. Please visit our website (here) to find out more about our mission, vision, and unity statement.
Posting Date: August 1, 2022
Posting Close Date: Until Filled
Position Start Date: Immediately
Does your background include some of these personal and educational achievements?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- CPA preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, internal controls and GAAP.
- Experience with financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Being a member of the Catholic faith is preferred.
What special knowledge and skills might you bring to our students and community?
- Ability to work with all levels of employees to problem-solve, improve processes, and implement best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills – managing multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Be able to both take and share authority as well as the ability to both lead and follow.
- Be self-directed and able to identify priorities in the context of both formal and informal objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating numerous groups toward common objective.
We will look to you to:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and proceduresImprove budgeting and accounting processes and systems so they are more efficient and promote accuracy.
- Assist and support faculty and others across the organization so they understand the processes and controls in place to mitigate financial risk.
- Work with the staff on the ground to oversee the accounting operations of the ground, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures, to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Participate in the management of accounting personnel.
- Direct and perform financial accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information including all standard financial statements.
- Assume overall responsibility for the accuracy of financial reporting as well as payroll, accounts payable and receivable, accounting for contributions revenue, and fixed assets accounting.
- Coordinate the preparation for and the completion of the annual audit, including receiving all necessary financial information from all entities.
- Develop and monitor processes and procedures to ensure internal financial controls are in place to safeguard the organization’s assets.
- Develop and report financial and operating metrics to assess effectiveness of operations.
- Perform accounting and tax research when necessary.
- Support the annual budget process working with the CFO for overall guidance and serve as the liaison on budget questions across the organizations.
- Provide financial analyses as needed for reporting and planning purposes.
- Assure integrity of the accounting software systems is maintained.
- Oversee compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Ensure that distributions from our Endowment Fund are consistent with our internal policy.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and John Paul II High School.
Letter of interest and current resume, including significant accomplishments, to:
Mr. Mark Crawford
Human Resources Manager
John Paul II High School
900 Coit Road
Plano, Texas 75075
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- 100% Premium-paid employee coverage for Medical, Dental*
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, up to $50,000
- Paid Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave*
- Vision, Long-term Disability, purchase of supplemental Life Insurance for employee and dependents*
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous Retirement Savings Plan 403(b)*
- Generous Paid Time Off
*some restrictions apply
Interviews conducted as needed.