Website jpiihsplano John Paul II High School
John Paul II High School is a next generation Catholic college preparatory high school serving families in the DFW area. Founded in 2005, JPII is committed to forming the next generation of effective and ethical servant leaders in our community and the world. Our formative education of the whole person; academic, spiritual, emotional, and physical, leads to personal transformation. Please visit our website (here) to find out more about our mission, vision, and unity statement.
Position Start Date: August 1, 2023
Does your background include some of these educational and certification achievements?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned (Science 7-12 preferred).
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned.
- High School Science teaching experience.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Being a member of the Catholic faith preferred but not required.
What other special knowledge and skills might you bring to our students and community?
- Knowledge of Science curriculum and instruction.
- Knowledge of and zeal for STEAM project-based learning.
- Love for instructing students by creating an enriching, well-managed learning environment.
- Passion and strong ability for working with a diverse group of students (academically, racially, ethnically, and culturally).
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
We will look to you to:
- Be a positive and inspirational role model for all students. Model the 5 Rs expected of students and staff (Respect, Responsibility, Role Model, Reverence, and Resilience).
- Create an inclusive classroom environment where all students feel they belong and can achieve their full potential. Manage student behavior in accordance with the handbook.
- Use innovative learning methods for the spiritual, social, emotional, and physical development of each student.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the school’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Lessons should reflect students’ accommodations communicated by JPII Learning Specialists for differences in individual student learning methods. Integrate Catholic Social Teachings and values into lessons when appropriate.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by the handbook and the Science curriculum maps.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement and analyze test data for major tests administered in class.
- Establish and maintain open and frequent communication and a professional relationship with parents, students, colleagues, and community.
- Attend all required school/team meetings and actively participate in staff development. This includes being a team player with other members of staff/department to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to school requirements.
- Assume responsibility for school programs/initiatives. Sponsor activities and participate in other duties as assigned by the President and/or Principal of the school.
- Maintain a current program of professional growth by keeping abreast of research studies, participating in workshops, seminars, professional organizations, and/or advanced coursework at colleges or universities.
- Demonstrate personal grooming, good health practices and conduct expected of professional personnel, complying with school and diocesan regulations.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and John Paul II High School.
Letter of interest, current resume, including significant accomplishments, and non-original copies of transcripts to:
Mr. Mark Crawford
Human Resources Manager
John Paul II High School
900 Coit Road
Plano, Texas 75075
Salary: Commensurate with experience and competitive with local schools. Benefit package included.
Days: 194 Days
Interviews conducted as needed.