John Paul II High School is a next generation Catholic college preparatory high school serving families in the DFW area. Founded in 2005, JPII is committed to forming the next generation of effective and ethical servant leaders in our community and the world. Our formative education of the whole person; academic, spiritual, emotional, and physical, leads to personal transformation. Please visit our website (here) to find out more about our mission, vision, and unity statement.
General Summary of the Position
Color guard instructors will provide quality instruction and direct and manage high school students in the color guard program. They will uphold the established band culture at John Paul II High School and report to the Band Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
- Direct color guard performers during marching band season, pep rallies, the Belle Spring Show, and other performances.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with the campus administrator, band director, band members, and all band staff.
- Instruct and prepare color guard students for all marching band performances through creative design, choreography, and implementation.
- Oversee the process of cleaning, repairing, and storing of equipment.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, administrators, and teachers.
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the overall operation of the color guard program and competition structure.
- Ability to design and provide creative input toward implementing color guard performances, including equipment performances (i.e., flag, saber, rifle).
- Provide choreography and musical design input for shows and performances.
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or GED, Preferred Associate Degree, or two years of higher education.
- Color guard member in high school, college, WGI, or DCI.
- Color guard instructor for high school, college, WGI, or DCI.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
- Work outside in hot and cold weather.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and John Paul II High School.
Letter of interest, current resume, including significant accomplishments, and non-original copies of transcripts to:
Mr. Mark Crawford
Director of Human Resources
John Paul II High School
900 Coit Road
Plano, Texas 75075
Stipend: Commensurate with experience and competitive with local schools.
Interviews conducted as needed.