Website jpiihsplano John Paul II High School
John Paul II High School is a next generation Catholic college preparatory high school serving families in the DFW area. Founded in 2005, JPII is committed to forming the next generation of effective and ethical servant leaders in our community and the world. Our formative education of the whole person; academic, spiritual, emotional, and physical, leads to personal transformation. Please visit our website (here) to find out more about our mission, vision, and unity statement.
Does your background include some of these educational and certification achievements?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Masters preferred, but not required.
- Valid Texas Board of Nursing License or equivalent.
- 3+ years school nursing or pediatric nursing experience.
- Being a member of the Catholic faith is preferred but not required.
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
We will look to you to:
- Initiate referrals to parents, school personnel or community health resources for intervention, remediation and follow-through.
- Provide ongoing health counseling with students, parents, school personnel or health agencies.
- Utilize existing health resources to provide appropriate care of students.
- Maintain, evaluate and interpret cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
- Provide health education and anticipatory guidance.
- Promote and protect the optimal health status of the students, faculty and staff.
- Observe the students for development and health patterns in making nursing assessments.
- Identify abnormal health findings.
- Develop and implement student health plans.
- Interpret the health status of students to parents and school personnel.
- Provide direct health education, and health counseling to assist students and families in making decisions on health and lifestyles that affect health.
- Serve as a resource person to the school staff members in health instruction.
- Engage in research and evaluation of school health services to act as a change agent for school health programs and school nursing practices; provides consultation in the formation of Diocesan health policies, goals and objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the Athletic Trainers in assuring the health and welfare of school athletes.
- Attend at least two class retreats (out of four).
- Remain current with requirements from the Catholic Schools Office and in contact with the nurse liaison for the diocese.
- Be a positive and inspirational role model for all students. Model the 5 Rs expected of students and staff (Respect, Responsibility, Role Model, Reverence, and Resilience).
- Attend all required school/team meetings and actively participate in staff development. This includes being a team player with other members of staff/department to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to school requirements.
- Assume responsibility for school programs/initiatives. Sponsor activities and participate in other duties as assigned by the President and/or Principal of the school.
- Maintain a current program of professional growth by keeping abreast of research studies, participating in workshops, seminars, professional organizations, and/or advanced coursework at colleges or universities.
- Demonstrate personal grooming, good health practices and conduct expected of professional personnel, complying with school and diocesan regulations.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and John Paul II High School.
Application Procedures: Complete an application.
Letter of interest, current resume, including significant accomplishments, and non-original copies of transcripts to:
John Paul II High School
900 Coit Road
Plano, Texas 75075
Salary: Commensurate with experience and competitive with local schools. Benefit package included.
Interviews conducted as needed.