Website jpiihsplano John Paul II High School
John Paul II High School (JPII), an increasingly multicultural, next-generation Catholic college preparatory high school, is serving families in the greater Collin County area. We have an immediate opening for a General Ledger Accountant to join our family to support us in our commitment to form inclusive, effective, and ethical servant leaders. We focus on a formative approach to education, which honors the whole person spiritually, emotionally, academically, and physically. Please visit our website (here) to find out more about our mission, vision, and unity statement.
Posting Date: March 14, 2023
Posting Close Date: Until Filled
Location: Hybrid, on campus (Plano, TX) and work-from-home
Does your background include some of these personal and educational achievements?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant accounting experience required. 3-5 years is preferred.
- Prior experience or familiarity in a post-secondary environment and non-profit is highly desirable.
What other special knowledge and skills might you bring to our students and community?
- Hands-on knowledge of accounting software required (Blackbaud NXT preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Google applications preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills in matters related to accounting and financial policies, procedures, and reporting.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP preferred.
- Strong general ledger reconciliation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and a strong team player.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Critical, analytical, and creative thinking to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team and have a strong understanding of the theoretical and practical components of the position apart from just being familiar with performing assigned tasks.
We will look to you to:
- General accounting functions including preparing journal entries, reviewing and reconciling deposits, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, and account and bank reconciliations in accordance with GAAP and school policy.
- Assists with monthly closings, account analysis and supports the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Business Office.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Assists with month-end, quarter, and year-end closings, and support annual financial statement audit.
- Maintains the integrity of the general ledger including the preparation, verification, and input of journal entries. Prepares analysis of accounts as requested.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and collaboration with Accounts Payable to identify stale checks and remedy.
- Prepares and remits quarterly sales and use tax reports.
- Maintains fixed assets schedule.
- Works with Controller on tracking of Restricted contributions and expenses.
- Reconciles tuition revenue and deferred revenue on a monthly basis.
- Works with Controller on the integrity of data and enhancing usage of systems and applications.
- Consult with the Controller related to process improvements and policy enhancements, major expenditures and any out-of-the ordinary challenges that may arise.
- Support and backfill Accounts Payable when business need arises.
- Maintains 1099 list throughout the year, prints and distributes 1099’s after calendar year end.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by direct supervisor.
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications. Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and John Paul II High School.
Application Procedures: Complete an online application.
Letter of interest and current resume to:
Mr. Mark Crawford
Director of Human Resources
John Paul II High School
900 Coit Road
Plano, Texas 75075
- 100% Premium-paid employee coverage for Medical, Dental*
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, up to $50,000
- Paid Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave*
- Vision, Long-term Disability, purchase of supplemental Life Insurance for employee and dependents*
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous Retirement Savings Plan 403(b)*
- Generous Paid Time Off
*some restrictions apply
Interviews conducted as needed.