Hiring Location: Catholic Schools Office – Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Masters Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The Director of Curriculum is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs and curriculum within the diocesan schools. This leadership role requires a strong commitment to the teachings and values of the Catholic Church, as well as expertise in curriculum development and instructional practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Collect, coordinate and analyze the various data sources that make up the Student Assessment Program for the diocese.
• Create, prepare and distribute reports on the data collection to various school and community constituencies.
• Develop and update curriculum standards and documents.
• Coordinate curriculum development with outside vendors / internal constituency.
• Review the data sources and suggest strategic development of the Student Assessment Program and School Assessment Program.
• . Provide guidance and support to school principals and teachers in implementing the diocesan curriculum effectively, and the continuous development of standards-based curriculum. Coordinate systemic professional development approaches to improve Curriculum.
• Coordinate and form various committees to support the needs of the diocese in response to data sources.
• As needed, fulfills ad hoc leadership opportunities within the local school context.
Develops strategies and plans to help schools apply effective solutions for the local level.
• Works with individual administrators to ensure that effective supervision and evaluation of classroom instruction and school programs is accomplished at the local level.
• Collaborates with other CSO personnel to ensure that total services of the CSO are integrated in such a manner as to promote highly effective personnel who deliver a curriculum that challenges every student according to his/her own unique abilities.
• Regularly visits schools and classrooms to gain first-hand knowledge of existing programs and the unique circumstances that impact the operation of the institution.
• Stay updated on educational research, trends, and best practices to inform curriculum development and improvement.
• Other duties as assigned
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Director of Curriculum must be a dynamic leader with the following demonstrated abilities:
• Practicing Catholic in Good Standing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to offer training and advice within a coaching framework
• Strong knowledge of curriculum and curriculum development concepts
• Able to balance multiple priorities across 31 distinct sites
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of applications
• Ability to present information clearly and succinctly
• Ability to build consensus and develop outside teams that are not direct reports
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in educational administration, curriculum, or other appropriate area of education.
• Experience in Catholic schools is preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated experience in training, professional development or adjacent field preferred.
• Experience in education of at least 5 years required.
• Experience as school administrator at least 2 years preferred.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
Name and Title: Erika Hernandez- Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to submit resume: Email