Website Bishop Dunne Catholic School
Bishop Dunne Catholic School is conducting a search for a Development Officer. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop and cultivate relationships, demonstrate strong closing skills, and maintain a high degree of personal initiative.
General Duties: The Development Officer supports the Director of Development and Alumni Relations in fundraising efforts, grant writing, event planning, and the solicitation of individual donors, alumni, and business partners.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years minimum in non-profit fundraising or comparable sales management experience serving high capacity donors/clients. Must be donor/client-centric. CFRE certification preferred.
- Experience in building a portfolio of major donors and networkers through existing donors and contacts in the community
- Proficient in moves management best practices to more deeply engage donors and grow giving
- Competent in using CRM tools and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form, and effective presentation skills to speak at gatherings in casting vision and inviting support
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in the school community.
- Ability to serve as a professional ambassador and representative of the school.
- Experience and skill managing multiple deadlines and a complex calendar of assignments.
- An independent and proactive fundraiser, with the ability to work seamlessly as a member of the Development team.
- Energetic and creative analytical problem-solver, with careful attention to detail
- Experience raising funds for capital campaigns
- Planned giving knowledge preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently manages portfolio of 150 donors/prospects and schedules 10 in-person appointments weekly to cultivate the portfolio and raise funds, per annual goals
- Logs contacts and moves management progress in CRM
- Event planning: Assists in planning, invites participants, attends, and follows up after events/gatherings to maximize impact and donor engagement
- Creates opportunities to speak at external gatherings to broaden Bishop Dunne’s reach and gain new partners
- Assists in building and executing cycles of engagement for donors to enhance communications and deepen donor engagement
- Engages partners in strategic activities/events to broaden reach and deepen engagement
- Develops new contacts in the community through referrals and networking
- Invites individuals in portfolio to invest not only gifts, but time and talent to further deepen relationships
- Works closely with the Director of Development & Alumni Relations to support initiatives and help create resources as needed
- Writes proposals for foundations and major donors
- Articulates the mission of Bishop Dunne to all constituents including students, parents, alumni, local businesses, donors, and foundations
- Contributes to team planning of strategic initiatives
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a letter of intent, current resume, and the names/contact information of 3 professional references. The letter of intent should average one page long, and no more than two, and address your experience and key successes in the areas of development, building relationships and fundraising.
Please email the materials to Ms. Anna Lee Friesen, HR Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program. Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School provides a competitive benefits plan to eligible employees. The salary is commensurate with experience.