Website Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep
College Prep High School
Date Modified: March 22, 2022
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Principal
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students from households of low to moderate income. Cristo Rey Dallas nurtures and challenges young women and men of all faiths to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others, and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
We are seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and mission driven educator who is open to growth and want to be part of our community. Even as temporary faculty they will have the unique opportunity to help develop one of Dallas’s most promising educational options for young men and women from families with limited financial resources. An ideal candidate should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education and be comfortable modeling an active and inspiring faith life for all in the community.
Anticipated Start Date:
July 25, 2022
· Teach five to six Principal-assigned class periods
· Supervise at least one extracurricular activity
· Plan and prepare curriculum-based unit and lesson plans
· Grade and record student work
· Serve as a substitute teacher for absent teachers
· Prepare, correct and proctor assessments
· Participate in the instructional coaching program
· Attend conferences and orientations with students and parents
· Offer individual guidance to students
· Serve on faculty committees and observe other classrooms
· Study departmental and school data
· Attend faculty meetings
· Take part in school’s religious and spiritual programs, including faculty and staff retreats
Qualifications and skills:
· A Bachelor’s degree
· 24 credit hours in primary teaching discipline or BA in instructional area
· 12 credit hours in education courses or a valid, appropriate state certification (could be working towards it)
· Proficiency in using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, online textbooks, and educational websites)
· Minimum two-year experience working as a high school or middle school teacher
· Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm, openness, and dedication
· Exhibit interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
· Full-Time position with benefits. Salary is based on education and experience.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
· Regularly interact with students, parents, staff and visitors.
· Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
· Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Application Process –
If you would like to be considered for this temporary faculty position at Cristo Rey Dallas, please submit one PDF document containing the following information via email to the Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover Letter and Resume
2. List of 3 Professional References (including email and telephone contact information for each reference)
3. Transcripts from Undergraduate and Graduate Education (This may be attached separately.)
4. Responses to ALL Essay Questions:
- Who are you? (Maximum Response: 500 words)
- Describe your philosophy of education and explain how you hope to put it into practice as a member of the Cristo Rey Dallas team. What is good instruction? (Maximum Response: 500 words)
- We believe in creating a team of experienced educators who maintain high expectations for our students and who work tirelessly to support each student’s learning, growth, and development. We believe in building a mission-driven culture that is open to growth, dedicated, driven, flexible, creative, loving, joyful, and resilient. Our team will be comprised of individuals who are not afraid to fail, who don’t whine, who dare to dream big, and who will stop at nothing to make our dreams a reality. Our team members will push themselves to be continuously learning, reflecting, creating and developing. We will challenge ourselves and our students to believe, to dream, to lead, and to serve. Why should you be part of this team? (Maximum Response: 500 Words)