Website Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep
College Prep High School
Campus Minister (Full-Time)
Date Modified: March 24, 2022
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Campus Ministry and Student Life
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep (CRD) is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students of all faiths who cannot otherwise afford a private education. CRD nurtures and challenges young women and men to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
Anticipated Start Date:
July 1, 2022
The primary duties of the Campus Minister fall under three areas: Student Ministry, Sacraments & Catholic Identity, and Community Service & Social Justice. Working together with the Director of Campus Ministry and Student Life, the Campus Minister is responsible for supporting the administration in developing and maintaining activities and programs outside of the classroom that deepen and expand the understanding of CRD as a Catholic high school that educates the whole person. Specifically, the Campus Minister supports the students in understanding and appropriating the school’s mission and vision. The Campus Minister works with the Director of Campus Ministry and Student Life to provide a comprehensive school-wide spiritual program to all students, including school worship experiences and community-enhancing events within the CRD and School Sisters of Notre Dame (SSND) charisms. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Certain elements of this job description may be changed, restricted, or discontinued in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· In collaboration with the Director of Campus Ministry and Student Life, develops, grows, and oversees a four year retreat program for students which includes overnight retreats
· Develops, grows, and oversees the “Explore” Retreat Program that allows students to dive further into their faith, based on narrowed topics of interest
· Plans and leads school-wide prayer services and luncheons
· Works closely with the Director of Campus Ministry and Student Life and the Academics Department to design Ministry programming that complements students’ classroom experience
· Works closely with the Parent Partnership Office to offer times for prayer and worship with Cristo Rey Dallas parents, guardians, and family members
· Serves as an Advisor through the Advisory program
· Moderates at least one (1) student organization, sport, or activity
· Assists with other student organizations and all school events (Homecoming, Spirit Week, Prom, etc.) as needed
Sacraments and Catholic Identity:
· Plans monthly school Masses
· Plans and leads communal worship opportunities, including, but not limited to, Adoration, prayer services, etc.
· Plans at least three (3) Reconciliation opportunities for students, faculty, and staff per school year
· Fosters partnership with local School Sisters of Notre Dame to increase SSND presence and charism on campus
· Serves as a member of the Catholic Identity Committee
Community Service & Social Justice
· Designs and implements programming centered on “a faith that does justice”
· Designs and leads community service and outreach initiatives including, but not limited to, the Martin Luther King Jr. Day ON of Service, monthly student service opportunities, and the Ignatian Family Teach-in for Justice in Washington, D.C.
· Other duties as assigned
· Participation in all-staff events including, but not limited to, open house and admission interviews
Qualifications and skills:
· Practicing Catholic required
· Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and willingness to model CST themes in the fulfillment of job duties required
· Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work
· Demonstrated ability to effectively minister to students of different faith backgrounds
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Fluent in Spanish preferred
· Experience in ministry and youth programming at the high school level preferred
· A degree or coursework in theology, ministry, or religious studies preferred
· Strong written and communication skills; detail oriented; team player; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Relentless focus on results, high-level accountability, and willingness to do “whatever it takes”
· Candidate must be adept at building rapport and trust with people from diverse socio-economic, faith, and cultural backgrounds, including underrepresented youth and first-generation college students
· Candidate must be able to effectively lead small and large groups of students and staff in prayer and other activities
· Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Cristo Rey Network and model
· Full-time, year-round position with competitive salary, benefits, and paid vacation
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
· Regularly interact with students, parents, staff and visitors.
· Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
· Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Application Process –
If you would like to be considered for this position at Cristo Rey Dallas, please submit one PDF document containing the following information via email to the Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover Letter and Resume
2. List of 3 Professional References (including email and telephone contact information for each reference)