Website Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep
College Prep High School
CWSP Curriculum Manager (Full-Time)
Date Modified: 4/20/22
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Director of CWSP
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students from households of low to moderate income. Cristo Rey Dallas nurtures and challenges young women and men of all faiths to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
We are seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and mission driven individual who is open to growth and wants to be part of our community. They will have the unique opportunity to help develop one of Dallas’s most promising educational options for young men and women from families with low to moderate income. An ideal candidate should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education and be comfortable modeling an active and inspiring faith life for all in the community.
Read more about CRD’s teaching model and school community on our website.
Who YOU are:
The ideal individual for this role is someone with experience in the classroom and corporate world. You are passionate about helping prepare students for their future and recognize their potential as young professionals. You are able to balance the needs of both the job partner and students, while always keeping students at the center of decisions.
Anticipated Start Date:
June 21, 2022
The Curriculum Manager is responsible for planning and teaching the CWSP Professional Development curriculum to all four grade levels throughout the school year. As a member of the Internal CWSP Team, the Curriculum Manager will oversee the student worker coaching program. The Curriculum Manager is the CWSP team member that has the most consistent contact with all CRD students, so it is important that they work to build strong relationships with students and act as a voice of the students for CWSP.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Student Worker Preparation:
- Plan and direct the VIVA summer program for the incoming students in July
- Plan and lead Student Worker Re-Orientation during the first week of school
- Plan and direct Job Team Orientation before work starts
CWSP Professional Development Class:
- Plan and teach professional development classes for all four grade levels (Two full days per week)
- Responsible for CWSP grades for all students
Student Worker Coaching:
- Oversee student worker coaching program
- Mentor students who are struggling at work on a weekly or biweekly basis
- Visit students who are struggling at their work place if necessary
- Plan and supervise any students in reinforcement and/or retraining
- Works closely with the internal team and academic team members to place students in jobs where they will find the most success and growth
- Plans and directs Staff to Work Day
- Responsible for mass communication to students and faculty/staff regarding CWSP updates
- Help with student, parent, and job partner communication in regards to attendance or other CWSP related issues
- Support for CWSP events when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong written and communication skills; detail oriented; team player; ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Relentless focus on results and a high level of personal accountability.
- Adept at building rapport and trust with people from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including underrepresented urban youth and first-generation college students.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Cristo Rey Network and model.
- Understand and support the mission of Cristo Rey Dallas as a private, independent, Catholic school under the endorsement of the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Full-time, year-round position with competitive salary, benefits, and paid vacation.
- Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Regularly interact with students, parents, staff and visitors.
- Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
If you would like to be considered for this position at Cristo Rey Dallas, please submit one PDF document containing the following information via email to the Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- List of 2 professional references
- Responses to the following essay prompts (limit responses to 500 words each):
- Who are you?
- What aspect of the CRD mission speaks most to you?
Cristo Rey Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.