Website Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep
College Prep High School
Director of Student Life (Full-Time)
Date Modified: May 24, 2022
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Principal
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students from households of low to moderate income. Cristo Rey Dallas nurtures and challenges young women and men of all faiths to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
We are seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and mission driven individual who is open to growth and wants to be part of our community. They will have the unique opportunity to help develop one of Dallas’s most promising educational options for young men and women from families with low to moderate income. An ideal candidate should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education and be comfortable modeling an active and inspiring faith life for all in the community.
Read more about CRD’s teaching model and school community on our website.
Who YOU are:
You are an enthusiastic and highly passionate lifelong learner who gets joy out of working with students.
Anticipated Start Date:
August 1, 2022
The Director of Student Life reports to the Principal and is responsible for developing and maintaining activities and programs outside of the classroom that deepen and expand the understanding of CRD as a Catholic high school that educates the whole person. Specifically, the Director of Student Life supports the students in understanding and appropriating the school’s mission and vision. In partnership with the Campus Minister, the Director provides a comprehensive school-wide spiritual program to all students, including school worship experiences, advisory curriculum, leadership development, and community enhancing events within the CRD and SSND traditions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Builds and maintains a positive school culture through school traditions, student leadership opportunities, meaningful relationships with students and staff, and enriching extracurricular programs
- In collaboration with the Communications Department, creates social media and Admissions content that highlights Cristo Rey Dallas extracurricular programming
- Moderates the Student Government Association and Student Activities Board
- Coordinates the livestreaming of Daily Prayer and Announcements
- Together with the school DEI representative and the Principal, builds structures and create policies to ensure that campus is a safe, diverse, equitable, and inclusive place for all students
- Provides structures and programming for students/staff to create and maintain school clubs; supports student organizations on campus
- Together with the Athletics Director, Counseling, and College Guidance department, encourages and tracks student involvement on campus to achieve departmental goal of 80% student involvement
- Oversees school events and programs as it pertains to the Student Life Department
- Plans and oversees Spirit Week, Homecoming, Prom, and other school traditions
- Plans and leads school assemblies and weekly Friday Community Time, including soliciting guest speakers, collaborating with other campus departments, and guiding students in leading components of Community Time
- Together with the Counseling department and College Guidance department, creates partnerships with outside organizations to increase student leadership opportunities
- Supervises Student Life staff and volunteers
- Manages the Student Life budget
- Manages all components of the 9th-11th grade weekly Advisory program including logistics, curriculum development, Junior Peer Leader program, budget, Advisor training, Student &
- Staff Advisory Councils, and tracking program efficacy
- Runs the Senior Big Brother/Big Sister program
- Coordinates and executes Student Leadership Summits
- Serve as an academic advisor through the academic support program
- Serve as substitute for absent teachers as needed
- Participate in admissions open house and interview days
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, Master’s Degree is preferred
- Proficient in Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and supervise a department
- Strong written and communication skills; detail oriented; team player; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Relentless focus on results, high-level accountability, and willingness to do “whatever it takes”
- Candidate must be adept at building rapport and trust with people from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including underrepresented youth and first-generation college students
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Cristo Rey Network and model
- Full-time, year-round position with competitive salary, benefits, and paid vacation.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Regularly interact with students, parents, staff and visitors.
- Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
If you would like to be considered for this position at Cristo Rey Dallas, please submit one PDF document containing the following information via email to the Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep Hiring Committee at email@example.com:
- List of 2 professional references
- Responses to the following essay prompts (limit responses to 500 words each):
- Who are you?
- What aspect of the CRD mission speaks most to you?
Cristo Rey Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.