Website Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep
College Prep High School
Admissions and Student Recruitment Coordinator
Date Modified: April 11, 2022
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Recruitment and Admissions
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students from households of low to moderate income. Cristo Rey Dallas nurtures and challenges young women and men of all faiths to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others, and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
We are seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and mission driven educator who is open to growth and want to be part of our community. They will have the unique opportunity to help develop one of Dallas’s most promising educational options for young men and women from families with low to moderate income. An ideal candidate should have an appreciation of the school’s mission and a commitment to the values of Catholic education and be comfortable modeling an active and inspiring faith life for all in the community.
Anticipated Start Date:
June 1, 2022
The Admissions Coordinator will assist the Director of Admissions in supporting activities related to the admissions process. The goal is to ensure full enrollment according to the school’s plan and the Cristo Rey Network standards. The Coordinator is a key member of the Department of Admissions supporting the development of the processes and procedures established by the Director of Admissions.
- Responsible for setting up visits for the Director of Admissions to recruit (Feeder schools, High School Fairs, Church/Mass Confirmation Classes/Youth Group Meetings, Community Events, etc.)
- Communicate with any interested family about the admissions process ensuring they understand CRD’s unique program.
- Manages the Admissions prospective student database, tracks and maintains applicant files.
- Contacts applicants and schools for missing information by the admissions deadline.
- Is the lead in following up with families and applicants during the admissions process by phone, email and text.
- Schedules class visits and Coffee with Cristo Rey tours for prospective applicants and families.
- Ensures that each student’s virtual application (maintained in TADS) is up to date.
- Assists in preparing student files for admissions committee meetings.
- Responsible for putting together admissions decisions packets (accepted, denied and waitlisted).
- Organize and maintain inventory of all marketing materials. Place orders as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the department as needed including, but not limited to phone calls to parents and prospective students, organizing mailings, etc.
Qualifications and skills:
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision
- Fluent in Spanish is preferred (speaking, reading and writing)
- Interest in working with people
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment.
- Strong presentation skills. This individual must be a good listener and able to respond to questions prospective parents and students have regarding the school, its policies and procedures.
- Basic competence with Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Google suite plus but not a requirement
- Knowledge of TADS a plus but not a requirement
- Willingness and availability to work evenings and weekends during peak admissions season (November – February)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Preferred
- Experience working with various minority communities.
- Experience in school admissions, marketing, recruitment or public relations
- Understanding of the different communities and neighborhoods in Southern Dallas sector and the different organizations that serve them
Full-Time, Year-Round position
Competitive pay, benefits, and paid vacation
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Regularly interact with current and prospective students, parents, staff and visitors.
- Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
If you would like to be considered for this position at Cristo Rey Dallas, please submit one PDF document containing the following information via email to the Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org until the position is filled.
- List of 2 Professional References (including email and telephone contact information for each reference)
- Answers to the following essay prompts (responses should not exceed 500 words):
- Who are you?
- What is your superpower?
- What aspect of the CRD mission speaks most to you?