Cistercian Preparatory School is seeking to employ an energetic, organized, and enthusiastic lead coach for their successful FIRST robotics team. We are looking for an individual with engineering experience and enthusiasm for competitive robotics. The part-time position includes teaching a robotics elective during off-season as well as coordinating off-season activities for the FIRST team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and document formal team bylaws.
- Manage the liaison between Cistercian and First regarding registration and entry forms, conformance to rules, and all legal documents.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of meetings and activities for the club.
- Oversee all fundraising activities of the team in coordination with the director of development.
- Be present at all team meetings.
- Manage practice sessions and team training in content and strategy.
- Manage and oversee volunteer mentors.
- Travel with the team to competitions.
- Ensure that students adhere to Cistercian’s standard of conduct and the principles of the robotics league.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Flexibility to work after school/evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated character and ability to serve as mentor and role model for young people.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field required; engineering degree preferred.
- Strong familiarity with at least one programming language preferred.
- Familiarity with digital design software preferred.
- Experience with a robotics league (FIRST, BEST, VEX) preferred.