Website Bishop Lynch High School
Position: Executive Assistant to the President
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Faithful to Catholic Tradition and to our Dominican heritage of scholarship and service, Bishop Lynch High
School promotes the development of the total person by bringing together a diverse community in a rigorous,
college preparatory environment where students are taught to strive for excellence, seek truth, and work for justice
in the world.
The Executive Assistant to the President is responsible for the implementation of the goals of Catholic education
as outlined in The Holy See’s Teaching on Catholic Schools (Archbishop Michael Miller):
• Inspired by a Supernatural Vision
• Founded on a Christian Anthropology
• Animated by Communion and Community
• Imbued with a Catholic Worldview
• Sustained by Gospel Witness
Qualified candidates will be driven and inspired by the mission of Catholic schools to form young men and women
in a high school setting “who will be good citizens of the world, loving God and neighbor and enriching society
with the leaven of the gospel, and who will also be good citizens of the world to come, thus fulfilling their destiny
to become saints” (Miller, p. 20).
The Executive Assistant to the President is committed to the ministry of Catholic education and maintains sole
accountability for executive assistance, clerical support, and administrative management for the President. The
Executive Assistant to the President must be organized, have the ability to work on multiple projects
simultaneously in an open environment, and take the initiative to assist the President in achieving strategic goals
for the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant to the President must maintain a high level of ethical
behavior and confidentiality at all times.
• Effectively prioritize events and manage the calendar for the President, Board of Directors,
Advancement and Senior Leadership Team.
• Effectively use the school’s scheduling software for maintenance and room requests.
• Answer and document all the President’s calls with a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy.
• Support the President in email/file management.
• Proficiently write and edit correspondence for the President to include letters, memos, forms, policies,
and procedures while working closely with the Director of Communications (includes handling of
• Manage purchasing card receipts, expense reports, and travel for the President and Advancement Team
• Regularly participate in relevant professional learning.
• Manage, maintain and understand priorities of collaborative professional relationships with the Office of
• Plan and host special events for the Office of the President.
• Manage and coordinate Board meeting arrangements – advise members of the date/time,
prepare/distribute agendas and related meeting documentation, and organize catering needs.
• Maintain board and committee records.
• Provide support in the planning and execution of the annual board retreat.
• Attend all board and various committee meetings and maintain and distribute the official minutes.
• Managing “Welcome Center” and front desk accountability and employees. Monitor and welcome
visitors, problem solve, assist, and provide information for those referred to the President and the
• Working with the Diocese of Dallas, Catholic Schools Office and the Bishop as necessary
• Serving as an integral role in crisis management response team and communication in support of the
President as well as assessing risk when business decisions are made
• Providing administrative support outside normal office hours on a regular basis
• Communicating effectively with stakeholders (internal and external) and make appropriate referrals to
resolve concerns in a proactive manner
• Providing exemplary customer service to all stakeholders who interact with the President
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with 5+ years’ relevant experience.
• Required dispositions: friendly, professional, punctual, organized, calm, customer-service oriented, takes
initiative, detail oriented, adaptable.
• Able to manage the Office of the President at a moment’s notice in his absence while maintaining a
strong degree of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality without instruction.
• Practicing Catholic preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and video conference software applications.
• High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position
continually requires poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to handle tasks with grace.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple
competing tasks, demands, and priorities.
• Positive attitude with a can-do spirit and commitment to serving others.
Qualified candidates should email resume to [email protected].