Website Bishop Lynch High School
ASSISTANT SOFTBALL COACH
Faithful to Catholic Tradition and to our Dominican heritage of scholarship and service, Bishop Lynch High
School promotes the development of the total person by bringing together a diverse community in a rigorous,
college preparatory environment where students are taught to strive for excellence, seek truth, and work for
justice in the world.
Bishop Lynch High School seeks a mission-driven assistant softball coach to lead the program and actively
coordinate the development and promotion of softball. The head and assistant coach will be responsible for
providing leadership and oversight of the softball teams at practices, games, competition and special events.
The coaches are required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Texas Association of Private and
Parochial Schools (TAPPS). Reporting to the head coach, the assistant softball coach must maintain a high
level of ethical behavior and be an outstanding motivator.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Inspire, motivate, encourage and develop each student-athlete while teaching contemporary softball
techniques, rules and strategies
• Lead and promote members of the softball program
• Serve as a positive role model for students and the community
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, staff, and school
• Plan and attend summer softball camp
• Support the organization and scheduling of practice sessions and develop game/performance strategies
• Communicate professionally and effectively with players, parents, vendors and head coach
• Attend all games, all practices, TAPPS competition and special performances as necessary
• Actively promote the formation of students and leadership development through the softball programs
• Assume responsibility for inventory, selection and care of equipment/uniforms
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Demonstrated knowledge of the sport of softball
• A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to handle situation in a professional manner
• Ability to effectively resolve conflict
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates should email resume to resume@BishopLynch.org.