Website Bishop Lynch High School Bishop Lynch High School
Bishop Lynch High School
Head Track & Cross-Country Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
Faithful to Catholic Tradition and to our Dominican heritage of scholarship and service, Bishop Lynch High School promotes the development of the total person by bringing together a diverse community in a rigorous college preparatory environment where students are taught to strive for excellence, seek truth, and work for justice in the world.
Bishop Lynch High School seeks a mission-driven professional who will serve as the Head Track & Cross-Country Coach. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this experienced professional will be responsible for providing exemplary leadership in the implementation of the goals of Catholic education as outlined in The Holy See’s Teaching on Catholic Schools (Archbishop Michael Miller):
· Inspired by a Supernatural Vision
· Founded on a Christian Anthropology
· Animated by Communion and Community
· Imbued with a Catholic Worldview
· Sustained by Gospel Witness
Qualified candidates will be driven and inspired by the mission of Catholic schools to develop young men and women in a high school setting “who will be good citizens of the world, loving God and neighbor and enriching society with the leaven of the gospel, and who will also be good citizens of the world to come, thus fulfilling their destiny to become saints” (Miller, p. 20).
Qualified candidates will be able to perform the following duties at an exemplary level:
· Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the entire program including all sub-varsity teams.
· Train, coach and promote members of the team
· Serve as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the community
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, staff, and school administration
· Organize and schedule practice sessions and develop competition/performance strategies
· Schedule meets with approval of the Director of Athletics
· Supervise, organize, inspire and provide development to coaching staff at all levels
· Assume responsibility for inventory, selection and care of equipment
· Assume responsibility for field care and maintenance (if applicable)
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
· Abide by the rules and regulations established by Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS).
· Communicate with school families regularly through official school communications
· Promote a culture that reflects the core values of Bishop Lynch High School: caring, dedicated, faithful
· Oversee a program of student formation within the track & cross-country teams that engenders responsibility, respect, and compassion
· Supervise and provide leadership formation for other track & cross-country coaches and members of the track & cross country staff
· Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
· Demonstrate high levels of positive motivational skills
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics for the efficient operation of the department
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2+ years relevant experience as a head coach or coordinator role
· Must demonstrate an in-depth, comprehensive knowledge of the sport and its rules
· Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
Preferred qualifications include:
· Be a Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
· Be familiar with the principles of the Play Like A Champion Today program
· Be comfortable exercising spiritual leadership of coaches, students, and parents
· Have prior head coaching experience in a school setting, preferably in a Catholic school
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com.