Website Bishop Lynch High School
Attendance Office Clerk & Service Hour Coordinator Job Description
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Faithful to Catholic Tradition and to our Dominican heritage of scholarship and service, Bishop Lynch HighSchool promotes the development of the total person by bringing together a diverse community in a rigorous
college preparatory environment where students are taught to strive for excellence, seek truth, and work for
justice in the world.
Attendance Office Clerk & Service Hour Coordinator is responsible for inputting accurate attendance records,
greeting students in a pleasant manner, and providing quality customer service while maintaining confidential
information. Reporting to the Assistant Principal of Student Formation, the Attendance Office Clerk & Service
Hour Coordinator is located within the Office of Student Formation. Working hours are from 7:30am to 4pm on school days.
The Attendance Office Clerk & Service Hour Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the goals of
Catholic education as outlined in The Holy See’s Teaching on Catholic Schools (Archbishop Michael Miller):
• Inspired by a Supernatural Vision
• Founded on a Christian Anthropology
• Animated by Communion and Community
• Imbued with a Catholic Worldview
• Sustained by Gospel Witness
Qualified candidates will be driven and inspired by the mission of Catholic schools to form young men and
women in a high school setting “who will be good citizens of the world, loving God and neighbor and enriching
society with the leaven of the gospel, and who will also be good citizens of the world to come, thus fulfilling
their destiny to become saints” (Miller, p. 20).
Individual duties will consist of, but are not limited to:
• Makes and receives telephone calls, emails, takes messages and distributes to appropriate party
• Accurately maintains and enters all student attendance records into a computer daily
• Responds to inquiries from students, teachers, and parents regarding attendance rules and
• Compiles, runs attendance reports, and submits a variety of daily, weekly, monthly, and year-end
reports as required
• Admits late students and maintain accurate records of their tardiness
• Oversees student “sign out” process and maintains records of student absence due to
appointments in a highly confidential manner
• Types, prepares, distributes, and files records, reports, and correspondence relating to attendance
• Operates standard office equipment, e.g., computer (data entry), telephone, calculator, and copy
• Provides verification of enrollment forms to students when requested.
• Maintain the integrity and privacy of the Assistant Principal of Student Formation.
• Coordinate After-School supervisors. Two supervisors are required every school day.
• Effectively performs all other duties as assigned by the Assistant Principal of Student Formation
Service Hour Coordinator:
• Responsible for working with the Office of Campus Ministry in preparing records, reports, and
correspondence relating to service hours
• Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church (preferred)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 3+ year’s secretarial or related office experience preferably within an educational setting.
• Technical knowledge of student database software (e.g., Veracross, Naviance) is preferred.
• Ability to use the computer and software to develop or maintain spreadsheets and databases, and
perform word processing
• Self-starter with a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential
situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple
competing tasks and demands.
• Excellent organizational, communication (written/verbal), and interpersonal skills required.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish preferred).
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com.