Website Bishop Lynch
Position: Executive Assistant to the President
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Faithful to Catholic Tradition and to our Dominican heritage of scholarship and service, Bishop Lynch High School promotes the development of the total person by bringing together a diverse community in a rigorous, college preparatory environment where students are taught to strive for excellence, seek truth, and work for justice in the world.
The Executive Assistant to the President is responsible for the implementation of the goals of Catholic education as outlined in The Holy See’s Teaching on Catholic Schools (Archbishop Michael Miller):
· Inspired by a Supernatural Vision
· Founded on a Christian Anthropology
· Animated by Communion and Community
· Imbued with a Catholic Worldview
· Sustained by Gospel Witness
Qualified candidates will be driven and inspired by the mission of Catholic schools to form young men and women in a high school setting “who will be good citizens of the world, loving God and neighbor and enriching society with the leaven of the gospel, and who will also be good citizens of the world to come, thus fulfilling their destiny to become saints” (Miller, p. 20).
The Executive Assistant to the President is committed to the ministry of Catholic education and maintains sole accountability for executive assistance, clerical support, and administrative management for the President. The Executive Assistant to the President must be organized, have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in an open environment, and take the initiative to assist the President in achieving strategic goals for the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant to the President must maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality at all times.
• Effectively prioritize events and manage the calendar for the President, Board of Directors, Advancement and Senior Leadership Team.
• Effectively use the school’s scheduling software for maintenance and room requests.
• Answer and document all the President’s calls with a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy.
• Support the President in email/file management.
• Monitor and welcome visitors, problem solve, assist, and provide information for those referred to the President and the Advancement Office.
• Proficiently write and edit correspondence for the President to include letters, memos, forms, policies, and procedures while working closely with the Director of Communications (includes handling of confidential information).
• Manage purchasing card receipts, expense reports, and travel for the President as necessary.
• Regularly participate in relevant professional learning.
• Work with the Diocese of Dallas CSO and the Bishop as necessary.
• Serve an integral role in crisis management response and communication in support of the President.
• Provide administrative support outside normal office hours on a regular basis.
• Manage, maintain and understand priorities of collaborative professional relationships with the Office of the President.
• Plan and host special events for the Office of the President.
• Manage and coordinate Board meeting arrangements – advise members of the date/time, prepare/distribute agendas and related meeting documentation, and organize catering needs.
• Maintain board and committee records.
• Provide support in the planning and execution of the annual board retreat.
• Attend all board and various committee meetings and maintain and distribute the official minutes.
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders (internal and external) and make appropriate referrals to resolve concerns in a proactive manner.
• Provide exemplary customer service to all stakeholders who interact with the President.
• Manage, organize and facilitate events that are hosted by the President in coordination with the Advancement team.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by the President.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with 5+ years’ relevant experience.
• Required dispositions: friendly, professional, punctual, organized, calm, customer-service oriented, takes initiative, detail-oriented, adaptable.
• Able to manage the Office of the President at a moment’s notice in his absence while maintaining a strong degree of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality without instruction.
• Practicing Catholic preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and video conference software applications.
• High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to handle tasks with grace.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks, demands, and priorities.
• Positive attitude with a can-do spirit and commitment to serving others.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com.