Website All Saints Catholic School
All Saints Catholic School
Reports to: Principal Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday; 7:10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on school days.
Professional Development Days required.
The Teacher fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by planning, guiding, and evaluating the learning process of the students in the Catholic school for whom the teacher is responsible within the framework of the school’s philosophy, organization, and curriculum. The Teacher provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth toward a successful future. The teacher has decision making responsibilities within essential job functions, in keeping with school policies. The position is hired and evaluated by the principal.
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Masters degree preferred.
● Valid Texas certificate for applicable grade level
● emphasis on English and Language arts
● Meets the minimum requirements for teaching field as set forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED
● Practicing Catholic
● Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school by acting as a witness to Gospel values and
modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Plans for instruction with logically sequenced objectives, based on adopted Diocesan curriculum
● Provides appropriate material and resources for students to engage in learning
● Uses effective instructional methods/models according to professional standard practice
● Uses varied assessment tools to perform both formative and summative assessments
● Provides instruction and assessment for understanding
● Maintains current and accurate records according to school policy
● Practices positive, consistent discipline in the management of the classroom
● Communicates with parents regarding academic, behavioral, or safety concerns
● Demonstrates professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits
● Responsible for all other projects, tasks, etc., as assigned
● Effectively communicate with other school staff
● Effectively communicate with parents, volunteers, adults
● Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior
● Able to manage student behavior in the classroom setting
● Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form in both targeted languages
● Able to work well with others in the school community
● Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
● Skill in pacing and differentiating instruction
● Skill in motivating and engaging students in the learning process
● Skill in organizing and relating information in an understandable format
● Skill in job appropriate technology
● Skill in critical thinking and planning
● Assists the Principal with other duties as needed
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of
Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org