Website All Saints Catholic School
Innovation Lab Director
All Saints Catholic School is searching for a qualified candidate to manage and teach in a newly created Innovation Lab. This candidate will also provide faculty members with training and assistance in incorporating technology in the classroom.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Teach Fourth grade through 8th-grade students robotics and coding curriculum in a technology-based Innovation Lab.
• Schedule and prep for classes in the Innovation Lab.
• Manage inventory in the Innovation Lab.
• Consult with faculty to design and develop instructional content that integrates instructional technologies and best practices to support student-centered instruction and the development of critical thinking skills.
• Assist faculty in integrating educational technologies into the curriculum to increase active learning.
• Develop, schedule, and deliver training programs for faculty focused on the effective use of instructional technology in the classroom to advance their knowledge and effectiveness in using technology.
• Provide “real-time” support and expertise to instructors, enabling them to integrate new technologies into their teaching.
• Collaborate with faculty and academic support staff in researching, planning, and implementing new technology initiatives in support of educational goals.
• Conduct one-on-one and group training sessions on the use of instructional delivery tools • Assist instructors in the design, layout, and delivery of their course materials in a multimedia environment.
• Conduct research and evaluates the effectiveness of new and emerging educational technologies. • Collaborates with Technology Director to ensure smooth functioning of systems. • Assist in determining instructional delivery equipment and classroom configuration requirements based on feedback from the training of instructors
The qualified candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to create video using applications such as Camtasia, iMovie, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. • Knowledge of image management/manipulation, web authoring, audio/video editing, and recording, screen capture, and other platforms for the presentation of educational resources. • Experience with Microsoft Office products/Mac OS/ Google apps for education. • Ability to adhere to Catholic Diocese of Dallas and All Saints Catholic School departmental policies and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. • Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and office atmosphere.
• Ability to maintain a positive approach under pressure.
• Ability to be a proactive, self-starter with strong planning, organization, problem resolution and customer service skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills.
The qualified candidate will be:
• Fun & be able to connect and teach children Kinder through eighth grade robotics and coding curriculum.
• Young at heart, passionate with good mentorship.
• Adaptable with ability to develop & design digital animation or coding projects & write lesson plan.
• Dependable, prompt, and ability to learn & adapt.
• Understanding of basic technics / principles and ability to articulate in simple term. • A team player and good communicator with ability to train and prepare others.
• Reports to the principal.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Instructional technologist: 1 year (Preferred)
• Elementary and Middle school: 1 year (Preferred)
• Prior Robotics experience (Preferred)
• Bachelor’s (Required)
Qualified Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org