Website St. Monica Catholic School
Our Smart Lab is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STREAM) learning environment where students will explore interests in robotics, circuitry, graphic design, mechanics and structure, engineering, video production, etc. Smart Labs are project-based, student-centered learning communities where the emphasis is on students learning, not on the teacher’s teaching. Students work in pairs on self-paced, multi-stage, engagements with specific deliverables required for completion. The Smart Lab Teacher will coach students on the use of lab hardware and software, guide students through the completion of the projects, and grade completed projects based on developed rubrics. The teacher will be responsible for program advocacy across campus and will work with faculty, students, and parents on the capabilities and use of the Smart Lab.
The teacher is not expected to know all of the Smart Lab technology before starting the position. There will be a training period and ongoing support for the teacher on both the technology and the curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitate SMART Lab student-centered project-based activities that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by ITSE Standards, and administrative regulations.
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures
- Establish a system of students evaluation within the guidelines prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district
- Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the district’s uniform guidelines for evaluation and assessment
- Keep accurate records of student information; compile, maintain and file all reports, records, and other documents required by the school and district
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this posit
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university;
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the diocese and TCCB ED.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Dallas Diocese
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with creative learning system curriculum updates
If interested, please complete the online application, send required documents, and Kelly Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.