Health Coordinator– Part-time position: Monday -Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. $18 per hour: Beginning date: August 10, 2023
Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a Catholic elementary school that serves students from Early Childhood to 8th grade. We are located within a close proximity of Love Field Airport in Dallas.
Job Goal: The health coordinator is responsible for implementing health programs, health counseling with students, parents, and school personnel, preventive health services and acute care, augmentation of health education programs, and liaison with the school community and supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
Position Education Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Supports and adheres to the code of conduct and policies and procedures of the school and the Diocese
- Abides by the confidentiality policy set forth in the Diocese Employee Handbook
- Maintains current and accurate records according to school policy
- Serves as a health advocate for the child and assesses student health needs
- Assumes responsibility for management and planning for acute, chronic, and emergency health problems, including appropriate referral and follow-through
- Assists in communicable disease control through implementation of programs for student immunizations, management of suspected and diagnosed infectious disease
- Initiates referral and follow-up on relevant health needs of the students and makes appropriate interpretation and distribution of health information
- Coordinates health screenings as required by the Texas State Law and ensures that follow-up care for the students is provided by their parents
- Anticipate supply and equipment needs appropriate to maintaining a continuous functional health program.
- Demonstrates professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits
- Maintains a work schedule that maximizes availability to the school, students, and staff
- Knowledge of community medical and health services
- Ability to organize, direct, coordinate, and evaluate health services delivery system
- Medication administration
- Preventative State Screenings
- Provides direct health care, emergency first aid and care,
- Maintains and submits Student Immunization Records to the Department of State Health Services
- Contacts parents regarding Immunization requirements
- Performs state-mandated student screenings and submits results to the Department of State Health Services
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certified in America Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/AED
- Certification as a State Screener in Vision, Hearing, Spinal, and Risk Assessment for Type 2 Diabetes in Children or willingness to be trained
- Working knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual in Spanish/ English preferred