Website James L. Collins Catholic School
James L. Collins Catholic School is a Christ-centered environment that fosters life-long learners dedicated to academic excellence, discipleship, virtuous living, and servant leadership.
James L. Collins Catholic School (JLCCS) serves students beginning at the age of 3 years through 8th grade. JLCCS is located in the Catholic Diocese of Dallas in Texas. The school mission daily guides the campus as faculty, staff, students, and families build on a tradition of academic excellence and the formation of Christian disciples. The focus on academic excellence, spiritual growth, and social-emotional well-being is based on meeting the needs of each individual student. JLCCS has a longstanding commitment to the Corsicana community, which is evident by its longevity. JLCCS was founded in 1955 and continues to promote community service, stewardship, and kinship within Corsicana as well as Navarro County.
The Catholic elementary school teacher ensures that a Catholic learning environment is provided to meet the needs of all students while carrying out the JLCCS mission. The classroom educator is responsible to deliver instruction that is based on the approved curricula and mission of the school and will foster the intellectual, social, physical and faith development of the students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Model the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, reinforce Catholic identity, and promote the JLCCS Mission and Philosophy
- Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on diocesan standards and the adopted curriculum according to school policies
- Develop and use effective methods of evaluation (both formal and informal) that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress
- Maintain current and accurate records (curriculum maps, unit maps, lesson plans, grades) according to school policies
- Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, parents and colleagues regarding student progress and student needs
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with with all faculty and staff members as well as school and diocesan administration to promote positive relationships with students and parents
- Participate in required training, faculty meetings, and professional development; and seek continual professional development opportunities in order to maintain best practices
- Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools; Texas College of Catholic Bishops Education Department (TCCB ED) Guide to Quality and Effectiveness, JLCCS faculty handbook, and Family Handbook, if applicable
- Cultivate a spirit of consideration, courtesy, and gratitude
- Demonstrate empathy in relations with students, parents, colleagues, and other community members by genuinely considering the feelings, value systems, interests, achievements, and concerns of the person
- Be punctual, present and attentive at all duties, and demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations at all times
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrate innovation with curriculum and instruction
- Exhibit highly developed technology skills necessary to provide both synchronous and asynchronous instruction according to the expectations of school administration
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Effectiveness in organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning that actively engages students through differentiated academic instruction
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain presence of mind
- Have effective classroom management skills
- Have math knowledge appropriate to the grade level of students
- Be open to growth and have enthusiasm for learning
We will look to our Elementary Teacher to
- Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
- Represent JLCCS at community functions as needed
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of James L. Collins Catholic School, the Diocese of Dallas, and TCCB ED
- Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the school administrator with a positive Christian spirit
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and James L. Collins Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject taught or related field from an accredited American university
- Hold & maintain a current teaching certificate
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching as set forth by the Diocese of Dallas and TCCB ED
- Must meet faculty/staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Follows salary schedule based on years of experience at James L. Collins Catholic School; generous benefit package included.
FLSA Status (Fair Labor Standards Act): Exempt
Work Status: Full Time
Hours: 7:15 am – 4:00 pm
Interested and qualified applicants should send their letter of interest and resume including significant accomplishments to email@example.com.